Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sunday Cheesecake Frenzy

I have not made a whole lot of stuff over the last two weeks, I have been reading on the train. The Kindle is brilliant (thanks Scott) way easier than carrying big heavy books.

I just finished Perdido Street Station by China Mieville which was bloody fantastic, I think he might be my new favourite author.

We have been totally busy this weekend having cleaned out and rearranged the kitchen cupboards - so much scrubbing. In between I made my first batch of seville marmalade for the year plus what has turned out to be my best cheesecake yet.

Cheesecake

My first experiment with leaf gelatine - way better than the powdered stuff and a much nicer texture. Plus I found some cold setting jelly at the supermarket which I used for the top, never seen it before but it's just perfect cos you don't have to wait forever for it to cool.

I got an excellent present last week, the ever so clever and creative Karan with whom I share my market stall gave me one of her tattered hats, a really cool voodoo one. I did up some business cards and tags for her in Photoshop and she very kindly and unexpectedly gave me a hat.

Voodoo Hat

It even suits me, which is unusual as I don't usually do well in hats.

I have discovered Perler beads which are just brilliant for doing 8 bit computer game characters. I made some coaster sets for the market and I also have plans to make some big Dragon Quest monsters to decorate round the house.

Mario Coasters

Mario Mushrooms

My photos are a bit crappy today it has been cold and raining and hailing and I had to do them with the flash inside. On the plus side after all the cooking and cleaning I get to snuggle up on the couch with the boys and a doona and feel all snugly and warm.

2 comments:

  1. The topping of the cheesecake looks particularly yummy - and the coasters look great! Surely you should able to sell a heap of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW! That is one momma of a cheese cake... Love the hat too X:-)

    ReplyDelete