Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Sunekosuri Are Taking Over

I am finally going to do a market stall, my friend Karen (you may recall her from the Hillside Creeper post) is running a stall at the Kallista Market on the first Sunday of each month and I am going to join her for the first time in November.

My main product will be Sunekosuri - little monsters made from socks and felt and buttons. The name Suneskosuri means shin rubber in Japanese and they are a type of Yokai. Yokai are Japanese folk creatures similar to goblins or fairies. Given they are made primarily from socks I thought shin rubber was a good name (thank you Scott for the suggestion).

The first batch are based on the same pattern and are fairly normal by later standards but they are good base stock.

Sunekosuri - Star Belly-0

They all seem to come out looking different even though the basic pattern is the same.

Sunekosuri - Star Belly-5

Sunekosuri - Star Belly-3

Sunekosuri - Star Belly-10

There are more weird and wonderful creations to come once I get the photos taken. So keep checking back here (it won't be two weeks between posts this time I promise).

1 comment: