Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sunday Ithaqua Frenzy

Sorry I have been missing for a bit but I have been having neck and shoulder issues and haven't been able to get much done the last couple of weeks. Things are looking up though I have finally finished Ithaqua after many hours and a lot of hand pain.

Ithaqua 4

He is a little unsteady on his feet, I had to lean him against the veranda post because I was
worried he might fall the not inconsiderable distance to he muddy garden below. If I make
another on this scale (60cm from toes to tips of tentacles) I will definitely use armature as he
is a little inclined to collapse under his own weight.

Ithaqua 2

The head tentacles were a little tricky as they are stitched up from the head as the head is
decreasing in diameter so you have less and less room to work in as it goes on. That being said
I still managed to complete him without sewing on a single component he is totally crocheted
together.

Ithaqua 3

I have also been on a bit of a sock monster binge with Christmas coming up and three
markets due. I am trying to finish one a day on the train - here are this weeks miscreants.

What are you looking at?

Stars in their eyes

1 comment:

  1. He looks great - glad you managed to get him finished even with the pain. For some reason I have had neck and shoulder pain for the last two weeks too - it's been driving me buggy and I had lots of stuff I was supposed to be doing, so I share your frustration.

    ReplyDelete