Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday Shoggoth Frenzy

Yay, four out of five big monsters are now finished for the exhibition, last one is the big crouching Cthulhu for which I have had some ambitious ideas that I hope I can pull off in the time left.

Monster number four is the Shoggoth, particularly amorphous in its written descriptions (other than driving sane men mad as is par for the course with Lovecraft beasties). My interpretation has 13 eyes on stalks and 13 eye/maw thingies and is otherwise kind of slug like. I think it is kind if sweet and cuddly.

Shoggoth 1

Shoggoth 2

Shoggoth 4

Here are this weeks sock creatures:

Antler 3

Antler 1

The antlers were a bit of an experiment but I think they came out well.

Hominid 2

Hominid 1

Kitty 1

Kitty 2

2 comments:

  1. W-O-W!...2 BeAutIfUl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shoggoth looks great - the little eye stalk things must have been super fiddly. Now all you need is some giant penguins and you can do a "Mountains of Madness" diorama

    ReplyDelete