Saturday, April 23, 2011

Road Trip

I cannot remember the last time Scott and I managed to go away anywhere together which made our road trip over the last couple of days extra special. In preparation for our upcoming week in New Zealand we went away for a night to give our excellent friends Wendy and Bevan a chance to practice looking after the terrible two.

We drove up to Bendigo on Good Friday under some of the most fabulous cloudscapes.

Clouds 3

Every so often a really heavy squall would come through.

Clouds 1

Clouds 2

When we got there we went to the Chinese Museum which was full of the most stunning embroidery unfortunately the lighting was too dim to get pictures of most of it but I did manage this one.

Embroidery

We also fed the goldfish in the garden.

Goldfish

We had a fabulous dinner at The Dispensary Enoteca I highly recommend it if you visit, especially the Cucumber Martini and the Gorgonzola Soufflé.

After a not too comfortable night owing to a soggy mattress we had a yummy breakfast of poached eggs and headed off to the Bendigo Woollen Mills. I mail order a lot from them for my monsters but this is the first time I have been to the factory outlet. Needless to say my stash has been enriched and my wallet depleted - now I just have to figure out where to put it all.

Next we went to the chrysanthemum and goat show. I had no idea chrysanthemums were so big some of the flowers were almost as big as my head.

Chrysanthemum 2

The best bit of course was the goats, they had these beautiful Anglo-Nubian goats with totally amazing colours and spots.

Goat 2

This particular goat loved Scott she put her hooves up on the fence and lent over to give him a big kiss, she was beautiful and we would have smuggled her home in the car if we could.

Goat 1

Goat 3

Then we discovered there is such a thing is a miniature goat - I want one so badly they are adorable. Apparently you can keep them in our area if you get a permit from the council.

Miniature Goats

Then we went back to the centre of town for lunch and a wander round the art gallery. We drove home the back way via Kinglake and Yarra Glen. All in all a fun journey and the dogs were not too evil while we were gone, although Corto is still in a bit of a sulk.

No comments:

Post a Comment