Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Catching Up On UFOs

I was so excited at all the things I was going to get done in my five week break but the first two weeks have been killed a bit by the horrible hot weather. I am totally a cold weather person (you will never here me complaining about the cold), hot weather just destroys my ability to do anything much at all.

That being said we are partway through a week of cooler weather so I have started to get moving again.  I am hoping to get some of my enormous pile of unfinished objects sorted out, plus I need to finish the legotorium, make myself a new giant crochet Cthulhu, and get started on some bird like things for my next art project.

First UFO off the block is a very basic scarf made from hand dyed mohair.

Rainbow Scarf 3

I have had this stuff for ages and have started and pulled apart a couple of projects, ultimately I figured colours this lovely don't need an exotic pattern and went for a plain garter stitch scarf.

Rainbow Scarf 2

I am a total sucker for things in spectrum order, it just needs to get cold enough for me to wear it now.

Rainbow Scarf 1

I have not taken any pictures of the legotorium yet - still too much of a disaster area.  We have a ridiculous amount of Lego and keep adding more all the time.  Maybe next week things will be a bit more under control.

My polymer clay arrived today for Cthulhu's claws so work will have to commence soon.  I was going to make a practice version, but given I only tend to like making things once (especially when they are that big) I am just going to wing it like that last one.

For the first time since we moved to this house we have black cockatoos living in the big pine tree.  They are supposed to be native to this area but have been chased away by the feral sulphur crested cockatoos.  We have a mated pair and their fledgling who is quite big but still being fed by its parents. They have the most beautiful eerie call but chatter very melodically when they are all in the tree together.

Black Cockatoo

This is the baby, pretty much grown up but still conning food from mum and dad.  They are the yellow tailed variety, I think the red tailed ones are almost extinct.  I hope they stay around and nest on our tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment