Monday, April 26, 2010

Sunday Electricity Frenzy

Electricity is my enemy this week - no lights in the studio. When the electrician finally came round to put in the halogens we we told that apparently all our wiring is stuffed and we need to redo the whole house - very expensive. So now I have no lights at all in the studio and no idea when we will be able to afford to fix them. We still need to get a second opinion, I am hoping they will say only that room needs to be done not the whole house - everything else still works just fine for now.

Only two new monsters this week, mostly because they were a little more involved than usual.

This is the first crochet monster that I have made for ages. The Ubel Ferkel is an evil piglet, he has bat wings, black beady eyes and an adorable fat tummy.

Ubel Ferkel

The Sunekosuri for this week is a triffidy kind of creature, the first sock monster I have done with wired pieces. It took a lot more work than usual but I am very pleased with the way it has come out, I plan to do a series in different colours.

Triffid

I have been very focussed on production for the market stall for the last 6 months and have let the Etsy store slide completely. I think I am finally getting on top of things now and will hopefully have time to start making pieces for Etsy again.

I also bit the bullet and sent off a submission for the Plush You exhibition in Seattle, I find it a bit scary taking the plunge and trying to get my stuff out there and am very good at procrastinating this sort of thing. Fingers crossed.



1 comment:

  1. ooooooh i will keep ma fingers croSSed for you X:-) (Too bad about the wiring, sheesh these hills homez!)

    ReplyDelete