Monday, June 14, 2010

Sunday Cake Frenzy

I know it is Monday but it is a public holiday so it it almost the same as Sunday. Any of you not looking at this via RSS will see that I have been playing with the new template designer which has lots of new ways to make your blog pretty.

You will also see in the side bar the fabulous crafty octopus picture that my extremely talented buddy Tonia drew for me as a birthday card. She has also kindly allowed me to use it for my business cards and toy tags so it has become the official Lucy Bad Dog mascot. I plan to update my banner at some stage to include it too.

I made Scott an Italian ricotta cake which came out rather yummy even if it looks a bit wonky in the photo.

Ricotta Cake 1

I also got a surprise from my Mum, I thought my birthday present was an Amazon gift voucher so I could buy more books for the Kindle. But earlier this week a parcel arrived with this beautiful artwork inside.

Weaving

It is called Elemental and is by Rupda Wilson.

Weaving is on my list of things to learn how to do, along with a whole lot of other stuff. I admit I have a serious addiction to learning how to make things, there are just not enough hours in a day.


3 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, the cake looks yummy - I'll have to be good next time I visit.

    And glad the octopus pic has found a home - I'm flattered you wanted to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weaving takes a good photo! Glad you like it. I could do a slice of that cake !!! Yum. Mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe you could come up when Rupda has her workshop and we could do it together?? would be fun

    ReplyDelete