Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sunday Owl Frenzy

Sorry I have been a bit quiet lately, one of our close friends passed away and another ended up in hospital shortly after so I have been a bit distracted. As a very slight consolation I have finished quite a few things as I have been trying to keep myself busy and distracted.

I have joined the Great Owl Crochet-Along over at The Itsy Bitsy Spider Crochet and finished a couple of owls last weekend.

Owls 3

Sorry the photo is so dark but is is rainy and miserable here and rather dark for photos. As usual I couldn't quite stick to the pattern we were given and I have embroidered the beak and added some wings (I also left off the tummy patch and feet).

Owls 2

I was going to send the smaller of the two owls for the swap but GIR the naughty neurotic dog sucked on it while we were out the other day. It was not damaged but I think had better send the big owl instead.

Scott bought me a Kindle for my birthday which is a wonderful gadget and I have been reading a lot more as a result. To keep it safe I have made a cover hand sewn from felt and cardboard and braid.

Kindle Cover 1

Kindle Cover 2

Finally Nonna's shawl is finished and I shall post it off to her next week.

Shawl 1

Once again Scott has been suckered into modelling for me and I thank him very much.

Shawl 2

You can't see it from here but his "Blue Steel" is amazing.

Shawl Detail

It came together quite nicely after I blocked and I am so relieved to finally have it done.

My current WIP is a cowl for Greg's birthday (well and truly late as usual). My first attempt at a Fair Isle style pattern, getting the hang of alternating stitch colours in the same row was tricky but ultimately kind of fun.

Cowl

Last of all a special treat that Corto made all by himself:

Dog Silk

- a 50cm string of drool, yummy!

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic job on the owls! I'd love to feature some of your changes in an upcoming workshop post -- let me know if you're interested :-)

    I also love the kindle cover. Beautiful color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really sorry to hear about your awful week - I'll try and give you a call sometime soon.

    All the craftwork looks grand - I really like the owls and Kindle cover (I think I was talking to you about how to make a Kindle book and I tried it and it takes about 5 minutes on their Digital Text Platform)

    And did Corto deliberately pose for that long just so the drool could get to that length - the horror!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi! so sorry about your sad news. loving thoughts are with you and Scott.
    nonna's shawl is amazing and your model! what can i say.
    love you R

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear your sad news... Gorgeous shawl <3

    ReplyDelete