Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tuesday Motorcycle Frenzy

You would think given I'm on leave from work I would be posting like crazy but I have been slack as usual. It is cold and very windy with smatterings of rain and the dogs and I are all snuggled up on the couch.

I went to Sydney last week on a training course, the best part of which was I got to go to Kinokuniya which a super brilliant bookshop. I came home with some fantastic new Japanese craft books so expect to see some new experiments here in due course.

I have been working on one of my other crafty passions lately and have finally finished this:

Paper Bike 1

It took forever and I must admit there were times I almost gave up. I love the whole cutting and folding and sticking process of making things from paper, but this thing had some incredibly tiny tricky parts.

Paper Bike 2

Paper Bike 3

If you feel the urge you can get it from Yamaha here plus a whole lot of other amazing paper crafts besides. There is a crazy amount of design work in these things, how cool is it that they do all that and then give them away for free.

I have also finished Greg's cowl.

Finished Cowl

I am trying to use this time off to deal with some of my endless list of UFOs, I am running out of storage room already and I need to finish some things and use up some of my stash to make more room. I was making a list of unfinished things in my cupboard and it is a bit scary how many there are.

Anyway I need to get back to working on all this stuff, but just one last picture to warm the cockles on this freezing day.

Snuggly Boys

My boys are so snuggly (all three of them).

1 comment:

  1. hey Nik, Scott got me onto your blog, i've read it from start to finish, now my missing you pangs are worse than ever! you've inspired me to start my own....long overdue and not much to see yet....time will see more :)

    ReplyDelete