Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sunday Crochet Frenzy

Had a bit of a stall on Gol Goroth this week while I waited for some blue wire to arrive to support the feathers. So I started on a Gug (especially for Tonia).

Gug Legs

I found some great lumpy wool on sale and am experimenting with texture in this one, I think it looks kind of like stone.

Gug Claw

The blue wire arrived late in the week so I have spent the day trying to get the tail to work, I think it will but it is hard to tell at this stage because the excess armature keeps flopping over.

Gol Goroth Tail

I must thank the lovely Karla over at Itsy Bitsy Spider for the inspiration for the tail feathers, the idea came after seeing pictures of her beautiful doves.

Gol Goroth Tail


4 comments:

  1. Ohmigoodness girl YOU are doing some amazing stuff! This guy is going to be absolutely fabulous! X:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha, OMG i just found your blog and i LOVE all your creatures!!!!! love the chunky texture of this guy, cant wait to see him when its done!

    http://www.stuffyoulllove.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys I am really enjoying the design process on these. I worked on relatively quick repeatable projects for the market stall most of last year and it is really satisfying to do some big one-off complicated designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, ha, glad you are doing a Gug - now you just have to stop Scott from making rude comments about it's mouth. The textured, lumpy wool looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete